"The Crossfire" 3D printed quadcopter - Part 7 - First Test Flights


Well, here goes!

After being too busy with other stuff to work on this, I finally got this thing in the air. I was very excited to see it lift off the ground. It does have some stability issues, which I think might have to do with the weight of the battery and/or the KK2 settings.

I did a small series of test flights. In doing so, I was able to determine three things:

  1.  These motors are powerful enough to lift the weight of the quad. (about 2.5 lbs)

  2.  It is relatively stable and will hover.

  3.  It responds as expected to control inputs.

video


video
   

As you can see, the weight of the battery seems to be causing some instability.

I cleaned everything up a bit, used velcro straps to hold the ESCs in place, and zip-tied a few wires to keep them out of the props. I still need to come up with a good way to mount the battery.



Now that I have more time, the posts should be coming more frequently.

Have fun out there!

-Bryan



No comments:

Post a Comment